OANP's 22nd Annual Conference
December 2-3, 2017 - Portland, Oregon
The Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OANP) invites you to submit an abstract for our 21st Annual Conference on Pharmacy & Ethics. All abstracts will be reviewed by the OANP CE Planning Committee. Preference will be given to speakers who have not presented with the OANP within the last 2 years.
The Annual Conference focuses on the following two CE requirements:
- All topics related to Pharmacy, Pharmacology, and the Prescribing of Pharmaceuticals
- General Ethics
- *** Please note that any abstract that does not qualify for the CE requirements above will immediately be disqualified for consideration.
The 2016 conference theme will be: TBD
All abstracts should try to address the following areas:
- Research updates
- Pharmaceutical approaches
- Alternatives to pharmaceutical approaches
- What still works
- What doesn't work
- What will not work in the future and how to prepare
Submission Deadlines & Important Dates
- June 9, 2017 – Abstract submissions due
- June 17, 2017 – Notification date
- November 17, 2017 – Final presentation submission deadline
- Please read all guidelines before submitting an abstract. Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts from all healthcare provider types encouraging a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care are encouraged!
- Presentations must be on the topics of Pharmacy, Ethics, or Navigating the System as a Primary Care Provider.
- Presentations should be a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 3 hours in length.
- Presentations will be evaluated based on the following criteria: relevance, learning objectives, originality of material, clarity of abstract, and speaker experience.
- Pharmacy presentations should include information regarding latest research, dosing & prescription writing, drug-herb interactions, and ideally naturopathic viewpoints/considerations.
- Presentation should report significant research findings, clinical procedures and results, techniques, or topics.
- All presentation must contain at least 2 case studies.
- Presentations must contain minimal amounts of basic science information (not to exceed 5 minutes).
- All presentations must be absolutely free of commercial or proprietary content. Participant evaluations that indicate presenter included commercial content will result in speaker and/or speaker's sponsoring company being prohibited from speaking at all future OANP events.
This conference draws approximately 275 participants - primarily naturopathic doctors with growing numbers of nurse practitioners and pharmacists.
Conference presenters will receive an honorarium of $250/hour plus conference registration for the day of the presentation only, as well as compensation for their travel and lodging. Presenters wishing to attend the full conference will be responsible for their own conference/CE fees for the day that they do not speak. Honorariums for keynote speakers may be negotiable.
Speakers will also receive a complimentary ticket to the Living Legends Award Banquet on Saturday evening.
- All submissions must be received through this online portal and must be complete. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter to ensure accuracy of content, spelling and presentation.
- Accepted abstracts may be published on the conference website, CD and other OANP print or electronic publications.
- All copyright will be transferred to the OANP.
- All presentations are recorded and posted for ongoing sale by OANP. Presenter will be asked to sign a consent to be recorded authorization.
- The Annual Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to reformat abstracts to ensure publication uniformity.
- All speakers must provide information on any conflict of interest and make aware any affiliation or financial interest that may affect the speaker’s presentation. (Accepted speakers will be asked to complete disclosure forms.)
- By submitting an abstract, you are agreeing to the final presentation submission deadline of November 23rd. ALL presenters are required to submit Power Point slides for the conference website by this date. The Annual Conference
- Planning Committee reserves the right to cancel any presenter who does not meet these criteria.
Proposal and Submission Checklist
Please included the following:
- Downloaded and fully completed Abstract Submission Form
Upload all of the above as a WORD document, along with the following:
- 50-150 word Bio for each presenter (CV does NOT replace this 150 word bio)
- Presenter Compliance Agreement - (please download Agreement here and upload your signed Agreement below)
- Photo (jpg) for each presenter (to be uploaded on this page)
- CV (to be uploaded on this page)
If your proposal is accepted, you will be required to submit the following:
- List of 3-5 Learning Objectives
- Presentation Outline
- List 3-5 Questions To Be Used for Future Testing
Note that only abstracts submitted through our online system will be considered for review. Please do NOT email your abstract materials to the OANP.